Why the world is better served when women start more businesses
Given the fact that women make up 85% of all consumer purchases, it’s interesting to think that, according to the latest census data from 2007, women own only 28.7% of businesses.
This statistic has some interesting implications when you consider the following facts I found over at she-economy:
- 59% of women feel misunderstood by food marketers
- 66% feel misunderstood by health care marketers
- 74% feel misunderstood by automotive marketers
- 84% feel misunderstood by investment marketers
- 91% of women in one survey said that advertisers don’t understand them
The world needs you
This leads to one simple conclusion: the world needs more women entrepreneurs.
Why? Because women see the world in different ways than men, and they see opportunities that men might not see. Women have different problems that need solving, problems that often only other women are well equipped enough to solve. And women know how to market their businesses and products to other women in a way that makes sense. Read more from RichDad