TikTok has announced the launch of TikTok For Business, a platform that will provide marketers with a range of branded content and advertising solutions to help them utilise the short-form video app for their brand campaigns.
At launch, the site will include access to TikTok ad formats, including its marque product, TopView, which is the ad that appears when you first launch the TikTok app. Other products under this TikTok For Business umbrella include Brand Takeovers, In-Feed Videos, Hashtag Challenges and Branded Effects.
TikTok said in a statement,
“The magic of TikTok is not just the chance to create, but the chance to discover – and to be found. With TikTok For Business, our goal is to give marketers the tools to be discovered and connect with the broader communities around them.”
Brand Takeovers are the three to five-second ads that can be either a video or image. In-Feed Videos can be up to 60 seconds in length and run with the sound on. Hashtag Challenges allow brands to participate in the user community by inviting TikTok users to create content around a hashtag of their choice. This includes Hashtag Plus, which also adds a shopping feature to this experience.
Branded Effects allow brands to insert themselves more directly into the content creation experience. The effects allow a brand or product to be added to a video in a 2D, 3D or now AR format in either the foreground or background of the video. These can also be combined with Hashtag Challenges to boost engagement with the brand.
The platform helps marketers build their brands, and achieve their goals, including:
- Scale & creativity: TikTok is a growing platform for marketers to leverage as a must-have destination. TikTok is an entertainment-based platform, offering users and brands the tools to tell their stories.
- Sight, motion and sound: With TikTok, the industry can build for a mobile, sound-on environment. And, there are so many opportunities for sound: music, sound effects, voice-overs, reactions and more.
- Inclusive and participatory community: TikTok is all about ‘join.’ This presents an original opportunity for marketers to create work that becomes a part of our community. On TikTok, people can become so engaged and inspired by a marketing campaign, that they’ll create their own version of it. Brands can actually experience the impact their campaigns have on people.
- The place where culture is made: TikTok is an open platform where anyone and any brand can be discovered. The opportunity to learn what is happening all over the world is limitless. Culture is created in an open and inclusive way on TikTok, every day.
- Seamless and simple solutions: Our products deliver across every marketing touchpoint and allow for rich and immersive storytelling. All are seamless, full-screen video and appear natively with the user experience. Working with many of the industry’s leading third-party providers, we are building our suite of measurement solutions.
The company has not publicly revealed the pricing for ad solutions and tools, however, TikTok states that pricing will be based on what a particular marketer wants to achieve and the scope of their campaigns. Currently, brands operate closely with the company to buy and manage their campaigns, but TikTok is creating new solutions to make the process more convenient.